|Cameron designed the sanctuary (L) and the education building (R)|
Baptist Temple owns a piece of San Antonio architectural history. Renowned architect and San Antonio native Ralph Haywood Cameron (1892–1970) designed both the sanctuary (1941) and the education building (1952). Cameron left his mark on the city where he lived and died, working in the popular revival styles of the early 20th century. His San Antonio buildings include the Emily Morgan Hotel (1924), formerly the Medical Arts Building; Grace Lutheran Church (1928); the Art Deco Frost Brothers Store Building (1930); and the Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building (1937), formerly the United States Post Office and Courthouse.
Cameron also served as an engineer in the Army during WWI and WWII and was a member of several fraternal and business organizations. He was a a founding member of the Texas Society of Architects.